July 2, 2011

Honeymoon Part 4: For Every Sunset, The Sun Also Rises

After our crazy-early wake up call of 1:00 AM, our nap-less bodies were ready for some more action. Sunset dinner and cocktail cruise, it is! I won't go into many details, but the cruise wasn't exactly what we were expecting. Like, we thought we would be sitting down at tables and relaxing at the sun set. In reality, it was balancing our plates of ribs in our laps while trying stay warm as the chilly breeze blew around us.

Okay, that's not fair. It really was nice. It was nice to have a prepared meal since we could still barely afford one. It was nice to spend the time with each other. And it was nice to relax and watch the sunset, which ended up being worth the cold breeze.
The sky ended up turning an amazing array of pinks and oranges, and it was one of the most beautiful sunsets we saw the whole time. I would have taken more pictures of it, but we only had the tiniest bit of battery left on my camera, so I was trying to chill out on my camera usage. Besides, it was one of the first times in over 24 hours that I felt like i didn't have a care in the world. Brian and I were pointing out shapes and animals in the clouds and I felt so incredibly in love.

Needless to say, we were exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel. We had just laid down when the phone rang. We were both suspicious. It was already after 9pm local time. Anyone that would have called us from home would have been fast asleep- especially on a Thursday night. So we let it go to voice mail.

Low and behold, it was an officer from the Maui Police Department calling to let us know that some of our belongings were recovered and to call him back as soon as possible. We were both pretty skeptical. The "officer" sounded very unsure of himself and even sounded like he forgot the Maui PD phone number. But as we discussed whether or not this might be legit, my mom also called us to tell us that this same officer had called their house. I checked the phone number, and sure enough, the number he gave my mom and managed to half-way sputter out to us was in fact the Maui PD phone number. Long story short, they had my phone, Brian's camera, and Brian's kindle. More story short, I was excited that we would get all of our pictures back (APRIL FOOLS ON ME- he had deleted everything), Brian was slightly bitter (sorry babe, it's true) that all I was worried about were my pictures when at least I had my phone back, and the bastard tried to get on Facebook with my phone (his email address was still in it- idiot). All we were told is that a suspicious vehicle was pulled over and he had those items and some other iphones and bags in his possession. All I know from his Facebook is his name, his email address, his hometown (Paia, Maui, in case you were wondering) , and that he is a fan of Cheech and Chong.

***EDIT*** Since we've been back, we both got letters in the mail saying that he is being arraigned and we can fill out some paper work to try to get him to pay us back the value of everything he stole (if he hasn't spent all of his money on crack can afford it, that is.) Oh, and we can also have him write us letters of apology... that alone might be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment