July 10, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 3

A picture of you and your friends...

Now, to be able to understand the complexity that is Kristen, you have to understand that I have a couple of different groups of friends, and I play different "roles" within each of these groups. Sometimes I'm the oldest, sometimes the youngest. Sometimes I'm the only girl. Sometimes I'm the responsible one. Sometimes I'm, well, not. Once, I used to be the only single one. Now in a different group, I'm the only married one. Sometimes I'm the most outgoing, sometimes the most shy. It really just depends on the people I'm with. And I'll be honest- sometimes I'm too high energy and competitive for some of my friends. Sometimes I'm too old and tired to stay up as late as some others. Brian is probably the only person who is really good at putting up with the craziness that is me. :)

I consider myself very lucky because I have never been short of good friends. I only surround myself with good people and I have felt very blessed by having so many wonderful people in my life. I already posted a picture of Alexis and Rachael in the Day 2 post, so without any disrespect to them, the group that I am posting here is a group that I have known for years. We have seen each other through a lot and we've all laughed, cried, won, lost, and celebrated together. We call ourselves the NFC, which stands for Northridge Football Club. They're the people I see (almost) every weekend. They're like my brothers. We can be mean to each other and hurt each other (it is football, after all) and make fun of each other, but when it comes down to it, we're here for each other. They've been some of my most consistent friends for the last 7 years or so, and I have a ton of wonderful memories with these people...
Obviously, this was taken at the wedding. I don't have my pro pics yet, but I took a picture with my phone while the raw video footage was playing on my computer. (So sorry, for the crappy quality!) This isn't everyone, of course, but I love how this picture basically embodies all of our personalities.

Of course, the group has expanded and added girlfriends and more people. The longer we play on the weekends, the more people we've met and become friends with. But there will always be core group, and they mean the world to me. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment