July 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 12

Before we get onto the 30 Day Challenge prompt, a sneak preview of things to come...
Paint on the hands... you know what that means... (Sorry Dad!)




Now, how you found out about Blogger and why you made one...


Okay, so this is pretty lame, but it's the truth... Back in the days of Myspace, there was a blogging tool that you could use on your profile. I wrote on it maybe a total of 15 times in the 4-ish years that I used Myspace. My friends seemed to enjoy what I would write, but I would only write when I had something witty or important to write about. I never did it as a daily thing.


Well at some point I noticed this girl that kept writing on my boyfriend-at-the-time's profile and I was kind of like, who the ef is this? So I checked out her profile and noticed that she not only also kept a Myspace blog, but she also had a link to her own private blog. This was the first time I realized that blogging was something that anyone could do for any reason they want. Instant intrigue.


So I started to read what she was writing and I discovered that she was writing all kinds of things about my at-the-time-boyfriend. Like about how she drove down here (from Northern California) to see him and try to hook up with him, like the day before he asked me to "be his boyfriend" and about how much she loved him. She never used his name, but it was very obvious through nicknames and his friends. More intrigue.


Now this is the lame part- for some reason, I couldn't stop reading what she was writing. Eventually, she even ended up writing about me and some of my friends. This was all so weird because 1- her and I had never met, only had very limited contact over Myspace and 2-she didn't know that I was reading her blog. Or maybe she did. This was back in the days where no one kept profiles or pictures private, so who knows. It was just weird to know that someone was writing pretty much everything they were thinking, and once I knew there was stuff about me and the BF-at-the-time, I was pretty much addicted. I told the BF-at-the-time and he didn't really care. He said they went on about 2 dates but he wasn't really interested. He said she was crazy. Typical guy stuff. But being a typical girl, I was hooked on what this chick was writing.


So that's the sad but true way I found out about Blogger. Once she started linking to other blogs and I noticed how many other ladies there were who were very similar to me in age, interests, lifestyles, and how these girls all gave each other advice and helped each other through rough spots and it just seemed like a cool community to be a part of.

Plus, it's fun to look back at what I was thinking 6 months ago, and sometimes it's nice to vent and reflect. And that's that.

Onto more important things...

P.S. Insanity-Day 2! This is a tough workout! I'm more sore today than I have been since I ran the LA marathon a year and a half ago! But it's good to be back. My muscles hurt so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment