January 18, 2011

Weekend Recap and Polar Bears

Not this polar bear...
Dukie, my boy!


A whole different kind of polar bear! See, I finally got my mom to help me with the official guest list (for now anyway, it seems to change all the time!), so I've been starting to address my save the dates. If you remember, they have a vintage Hollywood vibe to them.

In fact, the whole wedding has a vintage theme going on, which I think is pretty awesome.

Anyway, I made my save the dates postcards for 2 reasons. One reason is that I was able to give it more character by making the back look like an old distressed postcard. The second is that you can save some money on postage. In fact, I saved $24- more than half of what I would have paid if I had put the cards into envelopes. There was only one little glitch...

I was working on wedding stuff on the floor of the weight room today at work...
Do you notice the stamps? They're POLAR BEARS! Here's another view:

Kinda throws off the whole vintage vibe, eh? A couple of thoughts ran through my head when the lady that was helping me brought these out. I thought maybe if I asked nicely, she would pull out some pretty ones from a back drawer somewhere. Or maybe I should get mad and demand some stamps with flowers. Or maybe I should just explain that these stamps were for a wedding. But in the end, I just said thanks and I took my polar bear stamps. Oh well. :)

*******************************************************************************

Weekend Recap:
Friday night was pretty mellow... we just stayed at home and I was actually asleep by 9:30 because I had a big day planned for Saturday...

Saturday morning I woke up at 5:30 to meet my buddies Alexis, Michelle, and Melissa for a sunrise hike! It was super windy, but we toughed it out anyway!  
Alexis, Michelle, Me, and Melissa- I can barely open my eyes in that wind!
After the hike, I came home to hang with my boys for a little bit, then it was on to work. We're helping host a JV tournament for the next 3 weeks and the varsity team is running the snack bar. Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. (Can you smell the hint of sarcasm?) We did cap the night in a nice way though- we went out to dinner with Human Kevin and Rachael and some of their friends for Kevin's birthday. It was a very nice evening out!
Sunday, we woke up early again and went for a sweet little 4.41 mile hike back at Runyon Canyon. No celebrity sitings this time, but we did run into Dog Kevin's brotha from another motha Ike and his friendly owner that we met at our last tour at Runyon, so Kevin was pretty jazzed about that! Then we met Brian's parents for lunch and my parents for dinner. Because we really like to eat. And because we REALLY like our families. :)
I was lucky enough to get Monday off. My dad helped me wash and detail my car in the morning. Then when Brian came home, we went and saw Little Fockers. It doesn't quite match what that hilarious group of actors did in Meet the Fockers, because in my opinion, that movie was comedic gold! But this movie was extremely cute, and I love, love, LOVE this ensemble of actors! 
From there, we walked around the mall a bit, and then it was back to my parents house for another dinner with the crazies (Talk about meeting the Fockers... these people are nuts sometimes! It's a wonder I made it out so normal! lol) to work on that list.

And that brings us back to today and my polar bear fiasco.
 
Anyway, not that anyone reading this will care, but at work today, I learned a piece of good news and a piece of not so good news. The not so good news first: My sweet little class of 17 kids will be no longer. I knew it was too good to be true. No class is ever that small. EVER. They're going to add 20 kids, so it'll go up to 37, which in reality, is still a small class. Oh well. On with the good news! I found out that I will be getting a student teacher for two periods! This means that I will be teaching someone how to teach, and I get the title of Master Teacher! Can you feel the power?? ♥
Off to go address some more polar bear cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment