January 5, 2011

Table numbers

Yesterday I went on an adventure to Ikea. I saw about a million things that I wanted, but nothing that I needed, so just when I thought I was going to have to leave without any luck, I saw these little beauts for 99 cents...
99 cent Ikea frames!
 I think if I would have just seen them in their wrappers, I would have walked right right them. They don't look like anything special. However, they're designed to show off pictures on both sides, and that is what caught my eye.

I wanted to put numbers in frames, and I was thinking something like this would look awesome with our theme...
Source
The only thing that's always bothered me is that if you're sitting behind the number, you only get the view of the frame stand. Yuck. Not to mention, it's hard enough to find your table at a wedding, so if the number is down low and only on one side, it's especially challenging. (And if you've met my friends, you would know that they're already challenged enough!) And besides making life easier on my guests, that many frames (especially if they're cute) can really add up. Opposite of the goal.

I'd rather have a nice honeymoon than cute frames for my table numbers.

Annnnnny-who, I found these little Ikea frames, but they only come in that off-white color, which I wasn't really feeling. With the hopes that I could spray paint them more of a metallic color, I bought like, 50 of them. (Not really, I think it was only 16!)

Then it was onto Lowes where I found a perfect bronze shade of paint. And then the fun began...

Before
 Contrary to how it appears, I was not working in a wood factory! I was in my garage. And the frame is sitting on top of another future wedding project. (Stay tuned for that!)
During the process- I was spraying inside of a large box, trying to keep the paint contained!

After paint

Not exactly what my number will look like, just a quick and easy idea with scrapbook paper!
I'm pretty pleased with how it came out! It's rich and sparkly and easy and CHEAP!!! Woo-hoo!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment