January 12, 2011

List maker, list maker, make me a list!

First things first... Breakfast today was upsetting disastrous!!!

See, oatmeal and I have always been at odds with one another. We've tried to settle this before. I always think, "Oatmeal, maybe this time you will redeem yourself and your gluey texture won't make me gag," and sadly I'm always disappointed. But the other day on our shopping excursion, Rachael and my mom started talking about oatmeal and they made it sound extraordinary. So when I went grocery shopping on Monday and saw some 'heart healthy' fruit and cream oatmeal, I optimistically picked it up. I had some Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised. It was actually good. It was just a pain to clean the stickiness that is oatmeal off the bowl when I was finished. 



This morning, I was really looking forward to a bowl, but I decided I was above cleaning said bowl. So my next decision was to use a paper bowl. Naturally.
No use crying over spilled oatmeal
Big mistake. The bowl threw up oatmeal all over my microwave. Awesome.


I didn't have time to make another bowl, so I opted for cold cereal instead. Oh well. At least my belly was full, right?


***********************************************************************************


I think I have ADD. Or just a whole lot going on. Either way, I tend to forget things, confuse myself, double-book myself, interrupt myself, forget what I was about to say, forget what I was about to do... the list goes on and on. And speaking of lists, I love to make them. I make them when I need to get things done by a certain time, when I have errands to run, when I'm packing, when I want to make sure I don't forget something from the store, when I need to talk to people about certain topics, when I have ideas that I can't get too right at that moment... did anyone notice that whole sentence was a list?? I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump! I need help, I can't stop!!! :) 


Well today, I think I filled my quota of lists... And here's a list of lists to prove it:


1- My list of worksheets and resources for the kids and their first unit of health. (Which can be viewed in all of it's awesomeness HERE)


2- My list of things I want to accomplish for the wedding by the end of the month:
-Find a baker for the cake
-Honeymoon destination picked out and reservations made
-Find a florist
-Have my save the dates (STDs, lol) mailed out


3- My list of wedding stuff to do tonight:
-Update my wedding address log
-Confirm the addresses with both moms
-Confirm the guest list in general
-Start addressing envelopes


4- My hourly list of what I want my basic week day to look like:
-6-7am: wake up, get ready
-7-3:30: work (hopefully with a run on the track at lunch. More about that in a sec.)
-3:30-4: get home, play with Kevin
-4-5:30: work out
-5:30-7: dinner (this should allow for prep time as well as eating)
-7:00 on: FREE TIME! Which isn't always free...


5- Things that need to get done during "free" time:
Blog
Read blogs
Put together the health curriculum
Wedding plan
Hang out with the two hairy gentlemen that occupy my domicile


6- My list of workouts
It's actually part of my workout tab... up on that bar up there ⇑ 
Before, I was just listing my workouts as I was doing them. The list was looking pretty sad and sparse. So what I decided to do was make my list ahead of time to hold myself more accountable for working out everyday. Once I complete the workout, I'll give myself a check mark, like this:
✓ 1/12/11: 1 hr Turbo KB + abs
1/13/11: _______ miles on track at lunch...... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/14/11:_______ miles on track at lunch...... +abs
1/15/11: Hike....... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/16/11: _______ mile run/walk................ Turbo KB Core & stretch workout


If I skip a workout, I'll cross it out and give myself a sad face, like this:

Smiley 1/12/11: 1 hr Turbo KB + abs
1/13/11: _______ miles on track at lunch...... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/14/11:_______ miles on track at lunch...... +abs
1/15/11: Hike....... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/16/11: _______ mile run/walk................ Turbo KB Core & stretch workout



If I change workouts, I'll cross out the old one and just add the new one, with a check, like this:

✓ 1/12/11: 1 hr Turbo KB + abs 2 mile run
1/13/11: _______ miles on track at lunch...... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/14/11:_______ miles on track at lunch...... +abs
1/15/11: Hike....... 30 min Turbo KB + abs
1/16/11: _______ mile run/walk................ Turbo KB Core & stretch workout

Sinchy!
*******************************************************************************
Today I earned my check mark! I did an hour of turbo kick (the best aerobic kickboxing ever!) and then I did my own ab workout, which- if you're looking from really awkward angles, looks something like this:
Playing with balls again...
My friend George taught this one to me... you prop yourself up on your elbows and balance the top of your feet/bottom of your shins on the exercise ball. Then you bend your knees in to your chest by rolling the ball down to your toes. It's not easy to balance, and since your body is constantly trying to correct itself, it's a great core workout. I did 3 sets of 10. (If you think that sounds wimpy, than try it yourself! It's a challenge!)


In between those sets, I did another ab exercise with the ball....
Roll to your back and rest the ball on your shins while keeping your knees at 90°. (This part's pretty crucial, or the ball will roll right off, and there goes your workout!). You crunch up, grab the ball, bring it back down and touch the floor behind you, then bring it back up to place back on your legs. You're actually going up and down twice in one rep, so it's like a 2 for one deal. A BOGO. Let's go shopping! (See, ADD! I told you!)


Anyway, I also did 3 sets of 10 of these, right after the first exercise. 


And finally, at the end of each set of those exercise, I did planks. I held the first for 30 second, the next for 45, and the last for a minute.
Trying not to cry or pass out in front of the camera
I realize you might be asking yourself, "What is Kristen wearing?" Well, I hadn't really thought the whole self-portrait-while-you're-working-out thing through, so it ended up being a fantastic dose of cleavage. Sorry folks, this just isn't that kind of website. I have a reputation to maintain here!


Anyway, the basic workout looked like this (list time):
Circuit 1= 10 exercise ball foot roll things, 10 exercise ball crunch and grab things, 30 second plank
Circuit 2= 10 exercise ball foot roll things, 10 exercise ball crunch and grab things, 45 second plank
Circuit 3= 10 exercise ball foot roll things, 10 exercise ball crunch and grab things, 1 minute plank 


It's quick and dirty and I love it!

Oh, and I timed myself with my phone which was laying on the floor in front of me. It beats counting 32 mississippi, 33 mississippi, 34 mississippi...
And of course, I had my cheering section up in the stands...
They sure are special...

No comments:

Post a Comment