January 13, 2011

5 Things That Made My Day

(In no particular order)

1- This face:
Dogbert
2-  My old high school coach is now my colleague and she cracks me up... today, everyone was freaking out about The Great Horoscope Change of 2011 and our TA tells us he doesn't even know his actual birthday because he was born in some remote Indian village, so when his parents moved here they just guessed when he was born. Then Coach says, "Yeah, I've heard of that before. Once I had a girl from El Salvador that didn't know her birthday." We were all like, "El Salvador?" And she's like, "Yeah, El Salvador, or some other little town in Mexico." I start cracking up and say, "El Salvador's not in Mexico, it's an entirely different country," to which she replies, "Well it was somewhere out in the bushlands." lol, what the hell?? I practically fell out of my chair laughing.






3- This face:
Bri guy

 4- I did my Turbo kickboxing today... that's two days in a row of exercise! And my abs are a little sore... I missed that feeling.  I forgot how much fun TKB is. You sweat like crazy and when you're done, not only are you proud of yourself for working so hard, but you also feel like you can kick someone's ass. I'm starting to feel like me again! Finally!

5- I got to eat dinner and catch up with 3 of my best friends from high school- Alexis (my Maid of Honor) and our friends Michelle and Melissa. We all played softball together. We were talking about high school and I reflected to them that some of my best memories were when we used to stay after school for hours and just play- before the season was even close to starting. We used to play over the line, or Alexis' dad would come and hit ground balls to us. I used to love those days, being out on the field, smelling the grass, playing ball with my best friends. We used to hang out all the time when we were younger. But you know how life gets in the way. I'm going to try really hard not to let that happen again. The great thing about these girls is that we graduated almost 10 (TEN??!!??) years ago, and we're able to pick up like we just saw each other yesterday! They are the sweetest girls, and it felt so good to reunite with them, even it was just a couple of hours at a Mexican restaurant. ;-) Oh, and bonus- when we got our food, Michelle and I both look down and say, "Yum!" at the exact same tone, at the exact same time... which I guess isn't that spectacular if you weren't there... or even if you weren't me or Michelle... but I was pretty amused by it!

I hope you all had as great a day as I did! ♥

Thee, a-thee, a-thee, ah, that's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment