January 24, 2011

Someone has a case of the Mondays!

lol... His name is Brian!  ^

I had big shoes to fill today... literally. I left the house in my flip-flops. Because that's what I do. It makes my feet happy. For three reasons... 1, if I try to put shoes and socks on inside the house, Kevin tries to eat them. 2, When I take Kevin outside right before I leave, I will inevitably have to walk on wet grass, thereby wetting my shoes and soaking through to my socks, leaving me with soggy feet for the better part of the morning. No bueno. 3, One of the best feelings in the world after a long day standing up and chasing after kids is driving home with the air conditioning vents blasting on my tired, sweaty, flip-flopped feet. I know that sounds gross, but really, it feels awesome and it reminds me of summer. And anything that reminds me of summer in January is a-okay in my book. (Plus, driving with flip-flops is slightly more safe than driving barefoot. I think.)

Anyway, my Monday was actually pretty sweet, except for my royal f*ck up that began my morning...

Like I said, I left the house in my flip-flops. I triple checked to make sure I had my socks. I moved some shoes out of my way in the garage before getting in my car. I even picked up one of Brian's flip-flops that had escaped from the rest of the shoe convention. I'm pretty sure my hand must've grazed my tennis shoes in an OMG-our-hands-just-touched-in-the-popcorn-on-our-first-date kind of way.
Buuuuuuut, low and behold, when I got to work, I discovered that I failed to pack my shoes. I had socks. And flip-flops. Not a good situation for teaching PE. Way to set the example, Kristen.

Luckily for me, I was able to turn my case of the Mondays frown upside down because my silly old mentor is a hoarder, as evidenced here:


Yep, all 3 of these pictures are from within our office
Because of her "your trash is my treasure" mentality, there is a pair of shoes (albeit, a size and a half too big) that one of my former colleagues had left behind after she transferred to another school. FIVE years ago. I tried them on, and although they were not my size or really even my style (sorry, Melinda!) I wore them all day anyway.
White socks with black shoes... not feeling it.

I am not coach M...
But after that little hiccup, the rest of the day was great. I got to meet my student teacher and she seems like she has it pretty together. I got some wedding stuff taken care of. I took dog Kevin for a walk around campus in the evening while Brian and Human Kevin ran the track. And I did some Turbo Kickboxing and ab work. Not bad, not bad!


Weekend Recap
Brian and Kevin are falling asleep on the couch (dog Kevin, not human Kevin- although I wouldn't put it past them), so I'm gonna make this quick...

I feel like we knocked a lot of stuff out this weekend. We were definitely busy!

Saturday I was stuck working a snack bar for softball for most of the day, but then we celebrated Brian's dad's birthday. After that, Brian and I headed over to Rachael's house for a party for her brother, so we got to hang out with her and human Kevin for a bit.

On Sunday, we took dog Kevin for a mini hike on a local trail (2.5 miles), then we headed to Crate and Barrel to register. There are a lot of cute things there, but it's stuff you can get at Target for like, half the price. I can't justify spending more than necessary... even if I'm not actually the one spending it. So I think we'll end up really registering elsewhere. Oh, and I think we both decided we'll take the moms along next time, because quite frankly, I have no idea what a melamine reamer is (it sounds dirty. Maybe we should get one?) or if I'll ever really use a melon baller. (Hmm, that sounds dirty too. Perhaps there are more to these items than one would think, no?)

After our morning events, we did what all slightly overweight engaged couples dream of... we went to our first cake tasting! And believe it or not, I think we found our baker. Now I can breathe a little bit easier. But just a little. But we still might go to some other tastings. Because when else will we get the chance to? And we're fat like that.

We rounded out the night by meeting my parents for our traditional Chipotle Sunday dinner. (Our Mexicali version of Sunday Sauce... my Italian grandparents are probably rolling over in their graves right now.) Then it was back to the house where we researched some more honeymoon spots... which needs to be booked, like, yesterday.

We're looking into Sandals (which one, I have no idea...)or one of the Hawaiian islands. And of course, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Italy. Any suggestions or helpful hints?? :)

Okay, time to put these boys to bed! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment