January 2, 2011

Christmas, New Years, and Gadgets, Oh My!

It's almost January 3rd, so this is coming a little late, but I think it's worth the recap!

Christmas was awesome! Brian and I woke up early and took Kevin downstairs to have our own little family celebration. My main gift hadn't arrived yet, but Brian had plenty of other fun gifts for me in the mean time! And I hid Brian's gift and then sent him on a scavenger hunt to find it, so that was fun! And before too long, it was time to split up to go to our respective parents' homes for gift exchanges. We were apart for the rest of the day until the evening when Brian left his grandparents' house to come to my mom and dad's at the end of the night. Good times were had by all! And today, my big gift finally arrived...
Garmin 405!!!
My very own gigantic Garmin watch! SO exciting! So now I can set measurable goals and actually know if I'm reaching them without having to run 10 billion laps around the track at work. Whew! Awesome! I love Brian. Oh, and I got him a Bowflex (that we still need to put together!), so we should be looking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G by wedding time!

Side note- It's January 2nd. The wedding is June 11. My dumb ass was thinking that I still had 6 months to freak out plan, order, sign contracts, etc, when my mom informed me that no, I only have 5 (read: FIVE) months for said planning. Oh crap!

 New Year's Eve was a blast! Brian and I invited some of our best buddies over and I couldn't have asked for a more fun way to start 2011. Our friend and groomsman Mike said that the first hour you spend in the New Year is how you'll spend the rest of the year... like, if you're alone, you'll be alone for the year, if you're happy, you'll be happy, if you're resentful, well, you get it. Well I spent the first hour happy, surrounded by wonderful people, my house was lit up and filled with love, I was tired but excited. That sound like a good year to me! Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to everything that 2011 holds for me!
Brian and I in front of our tree on NYE

Me, Maid of Honor Alexis, and Bridesmaid Rachael

The whole group!

My new Garmin wasn't the only new gadget I have in my possession... I added a new blog gadget to the right--->>>... now this may not be exciting to you, but it's my blog and it's exciting to me! :p  I'm going to be keeping track- along with the help of my Garmin- of all of my runs/walks/hikes. (Part of a New Year's resolution, perhaps??) 

We went on a 3 mile hike in Runyon Canyon  with Rachael and her boyfriend Kevin, our Kevin, and Rachael's Boxer Bailey. Kev and Bailey were quick best friends and the hike was a lot of fun! Everyone was out there with their families and dogs. And we even saw Oscar from The Office getting his workout on! Good for him!
I'm just guessing at the 3 miles based on what other websites have listed the trail at, because that beautiful hunk of a watch was not in my possession yet. But I'm going to count it because I did it and I deserve to! It was a great start to the new year- great company and a great work out!
Me, Rachael, Dog Kevin, and Bailey


Brian, Me, Rach, and Human Kevin :)
Unfortunately, the weather in LA is not up to it's usual awesomeness (yeah, I make words up). It's been dumping rain. It's even snowing just north of the valley, which is really weird. Needless to say, I did not get in a workout today. I'll be back tomorrow though- that's a promise!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment