January 11, 2011

First day back = success

I know that technically, yesterday was my first day back, but today was the first day the students were back to school for the spring semester. I (thankfully) got most of my kids from last semester back and that's great because last semester was probably the best one I've had since I've been teaching...

The only difference was that my first period was a softball conditioning class and now it's just regular PE... I had 52 girls last semester and now I have a whopping... 8! Yep, you read that correctly- 5 girls, 3 boys. It won't last, but it's pretty funny. I'm sure by Friday it'll be up to 40.

The first day was even made even better when I was asked to cover a class... that means an extra 50 bucks for 50 minutes of searching for a bakery to make my wedding cake... Sounds good to me! Their was a TA in there that basically led the class, and she had the kids read out loud... I've babysat 5 year olds that can read better than these kids! Here, I'll try to phonetically spell the words how they were pronouncing them:
- Fierce = fire-ess
- Advertising = adversy
-Gin = gine

Lol, what kind of teachers did these kids have growing up?? Better yet, don't they have parents that read to them? Ugh, I'm so disappointed. But still, overall, a great first day back.

So now I'm off to create a health curriculum for the PE department to incorporate into our standard curriculum... somehow this responsibility has been delegated to me. But that's alright, at least I know it's getting done correctly! ;-)

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment