July 30, 2010

My own green monster

Yesterday was a good day. I ate pretty well throughout the day (Although I did sneak 2 cookies. But they were totally worth it!) I made my own version of a green monster, and healthy smoothie idea I got from reading Angela's blog over at Oh She Glows. Remember the other day when I picked of the bottle of whey protein powder but didn't get it? There's all kinds of healthy ingredients like whey, chia seeds, and flax (just to name a few) that I'm sure make it an even healthier food option, but I'm starting slow, so all I put in mine was a couple of handfuls of spinach, a banana, nonfat strawberry yogurt, and some vanilla soy milk. It. Was. Delicious!
Then I made the mistake of saying something about it on facebook. Some of my friends felt the need to discuss liquid diets with me... not where I was going with this. Oh well. It was good, I'm going to make it again, but it definitely will NOT be all I consume.

For dinner last night, we made a veggie pizza. Mushrooms, spinach, green peppers, and onions. Aside from the cheese, not the worst meal ever.

We also worked out. Brian has these videos from the P90X guy so we did some cardio and abs. Then we took the dog for a walk. He's still a puppy and he gets tired pretty quickly, so it was more of a leisurely walk, not a -get-your-heart-rate-up walk. Not up to my old workout standards, but it's a start.

Since I need to start prepping the dog for when I go back to work in two weeks and I need to stop making excuses, today I'm going to leave him alone for a little bit while I go for a jog. And maybe do some shopping. We're going to a Toby Keith concert tonight and I want to look cute! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment