July 27, 2010

Let's do this

I've always been an athlete. I love getting dirty. I love sweating. I love feeling my muscles working. My mom is constantly telling me to be a lady. I recently got into the best shape of my life.

October 2009- I did my first triathlon... it was an awesome experience!

December 2009- I finished first in my age group in a 5k!

February 2010- I ran my first half-marathon!

March 2010- I ran the LA Marathon!

Now it's been a couple of months and I haven't done any races or really worked out at all other than a couple of pick up soccer games. I feel flabby and slow... and I pretty much despise how I feel. Every new athletic experience I've ever had has always been positive and beneficial to my body and mind, and it's time to get those endorphins back. I want to try everything I possibly can and be physically ready for each challenge that awaits me.

I want to document my achievements here in order to hold me accountable and keep me motivated. I also have a lot of female friends and acquaintances that complain about their own weight and/or health, so I hope that what I discover for myself can also help them. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment