July 27, 2010

Let the healthy eating begin!

Today is the start of a beautiful relationship... with food. I've always liked loved food. This might sound horrible, but when I was like in middle school, I used wish that I could be anorexic because I've always known that I enjoyed food way too much. It's not usually a problem because I work out, but lately Brian and I have been going out on dates and have embarked in our on-going search for the perfect crepe and the best clam chowder. I know. I'm the epitome of health.

But today is a new day. I'm jumping on board the healthy-organic-gluten-free-whole-wheat-flax-eating-Omega-3 bandwagon. Okay, maybe not quite. I did pick up a bottle of chocolate whey protein. Like, held it in my hand. But then I put it back down. I haven't been fully converted yet, I guess, 

I did, however, get some peaches, bananas, cottage cheese, vanilla soy milk, corn, asparagus, chicken, eggs, carrots, hummus... good stuff like that.

Dinner
I think tonight's dinner was definitely a step in the right direction. We had grilled chicken that I marinated in some Baja Chipotle marinade. Along with the chicken, we Brian grilled some ears of corn, zucchini, and asparagus, and I made some rice as a side dish.

I know that if I want to be a "real" blogger, I should've taken pictures, but I was hungry and excited. And I didn't want Brian to think I was crazy. Maybe next time. 

I had Brian go through a cook book that I bought a couple of weeks ago and mark all of the recipes he was interested in. Tomorrow I'm going to take a look at his selections and get going from there. I'm pleased with how tonight's dinner turned out, so I really think this could be the start of something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment