August 8, 2011

Beach Dog Jog

I guest posted over at Tara's blog today, so head over there and check it out! It was all about my DIY wedding projects- fun stuff!



I head back to work this week after a much needed break this summer. In honor of the end of my summer break, Kevin the dog and I went to the beach to exercise and enjoy the 65ish degree weather (as opposed to the 95+ degrees in the Valley).

We started off with a jog at Zuma Beach in Malibu. Unfortunately for Kevin, dogs are not actually allowed on the beach there, so we had to stick to the sidewalks.
This wasn't all bad- like I said, the weather was way more enjoyable and I could still see the water. Kevin, however, was too short to see over the wall. If you look in the picture above, you can see that the wall opens up every 30 feet or so for beach access from the parking lot. And so every 30 feet or so, Kevin would stop and look at the water.

See, Kevin is obsessed with water. He'll just keep drinking it if you let him and he loves playing in it. Blame it on being a labrador, I guess! I felt bad since he's not allowed past the wall, so I told him if he did a good job running, we would go up the coast about 5 minutes to the dog beach.

I swear, he understands English, because after that, we were cruising and he did an awesome job. We probably only went about a mile, but I was satisfied with that. We were both huffing and puffing, I was sweating, his tongue was practically touching his toes... so onto the dog beach we went!



Post run- check out that tongue!
I love watching Kevin at the beach. It never fails to make me laugh the entire time. He used to be afraid of the waves and he would act like a little kid- like when the waves crashed, he would run from them, and when the water went back out, he'd chase after it. Well now, he full on attacks the waves! When they would crash, he run up and pounce on them. Adorable!
After a bunch of wave-pouncing and seaweed consuming, we decided to call it a morning. We were both feeling good- just enough exercise, just enough sun- time to head home.
Before we even made it back onto the highway, Kevin climbed up into the front seat and started to fall asleep. You know you've had a good day when you fall asleep before you even lay down!
He's so cute! I love him and I'm going to miss him so much when work starts back up. Hope your summer days are so much fun you fall asleep sitting up!



1 comment:

  1. Labs are crazy for water! My dad had a lab that would hang itself trying to get out of his truck anytime it saw a body of water. Don't worry, my dad always stopped and put him back in the truck.

    Kevin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete