August 4, 2011

10 Meaningful Things

I recently started following Tara over at Dashing in Pearls, her post today is a sort of project started by Lindsay over at Cotter Crunch. The idea is to go through the photos on your smart phone and pick out the 10 most meaningful ones. Well I just got my iphone in May and- as I shared before- my phone was stolen on my honeymoon, but found with all of the pictures erased. So my pictures choices were limited, but meaningful nonetheless. So here we go...

This one is special for a few reasons- it was taken before the wedding (that desk was actually used at the reception), and the only reason I still have it on my phone after all of the pictures were deleted is because I had sent it to Brian, and my sent messages were still in my phone. Plus, my mom and dad were helping me work on the desk and they're pretty goofy. I just like the whole pre-wedding/family vibe this picture has to it.

Kevin. He's so funny. He isn't supposed to be upstairs by himself (because he still tends to chew on underwear whenever he gets the opportunity), but he managed to sneak up there one day and I caught him hiding from me. I love this picture! :)

Honeymoon ring shot on a beach in Maui during sunset. 'Nuf said.

So Brian will probably hate that I put this up, but it was also during our honeymoon. We had just woken up and I looked over at him and he just looked so cute and I remember feeling so happy that this is the man that I will be spending my life with. I wanted to take a picture right then to always remember that moment. ♥

I don't remember what we did that day- dog park, swimming at my parents? Not sure. But what I do remember is that both of my boys fell asleep while cuddling with me on the couch. For a point of reference, that's my hand that looks like it's growing out of Brian's neck. And the pink is a breast cancer awareness ribbon on my shirt. ♥ ♥

Kevin watching Marlie and Me... Brian and I had never seen it, mostly because we know how it ends and we didn't want to have to think about it. But it was on TV one night and I was curious, so we all watched it together. It was the most emotional I think either one of us has ever been in front of each other. And Kevin was enthralled by the movie. I'm pretty sure he thought he was watching his life story. (For the record, Kevin and Marlie are pretty much the exact same dog. Kevin was even a discount puppy!)

The original 4. Obviously, I love Brian and Jeff's girlfriend Jen. But it's rare that it's just my mom and dad and me and my brother. We all hung out for my dad's birthday on July 21st, and it was nice just getting to spend the day with them. I can't even remember the last time it was the four of us before that...

Later that night at my dad's birthday dinner. He's so cute! And he just turned 57... looking good, right?

Jeff and Jen were laying in the grass in front of my parents' house (where I may or may not have seen one of their dogs pee minutes prior and didn't say anything) and I saw a photo op. So I grabbed a step stool and my iphone and snapped away. I really like this one of them.

This one is actually from yesterday afternoon. Kevin was laying on my lap (see my pink toe nails next to his ear?) and he curled up and stuck his nose into his own leg. He was pushing his face up, kinda giving himself a pig nose. It looked pretty uncomfortable, but he stayed like that for a while, so Brian and I got some good laughs and a couple pictures out of it! :)


So that's all. Not bad for just a couple of weeks' worth of pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love seeing all your pictures and I'm so glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! It was fun! Thank you for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete