June 30, 2012

Triumphant Return

After well over a month (maybe close to 2?) I was able to make it to the gym this morning. 

My mom Some might say this was a dumb thing to do. In fact, one of the ladies at the gym asked how long ago I gave birth. When I replied three weeks ago, she shockingly asked if my doctor had cleared me already. 

Nope. In fact, I don't see my own doctor until next Friday. But I've been feeling really good, the class I wanted to take wasn't super early, and compared to my normal balls-out approach to working out, I maintained a relatively low intensity. 

So how did I feel?

I felt GREAT!!!

It was great to be back at the gym with my mom. It was great to be able to move my body the way I used to be able to. (I can lift my knees to my chest again!) It was great to be able to do regular sit-ups again. It was great to feel light again!

I missed being away from G, but knowing Brian has things under control at home made it easy to be away for an hour or so.

I need to modify my old work out routine- obviously, I won't be able to do 6 am workouts anymore. For a while, anyway. Brian and I have been taking Giuliana and Kevin out on walks almost every night, but I'm ready to step it up a little bit more. Insanity, maybe? Turbo Fire? I'll figure it out.

And here's how things have been looking around here in the last 3 weeks:
I'm in love!!! ♥

Her 3 week stats: 21 inches, 6 lbs, 9.5 oz... coming right along!



No comments:

Post a Comment