February 4, 2011

Las Vegas and Falling Asleep on the Couch Before 9... Cuz I'm Crazy Like That

This week felt L-O-N-G... and it looked something like this:

and this:
... but there wasn't as much beer involved as you might think.

Here are some of the highlights of my last week:

1- Las Vegas!
A week ago today we were heading to Vegas with Kevin and Rachael. We stayed at the MGM and had a blast. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend:
Me and Rach getting cabin fever in the car... caffeine, much?


Cutest dinner date ever!
At the Aria for dinner

There was a special- 5 beers for a dollar... diet coke was like, $4.50. Um, beer, please! 


Like I said, beer wasn't involved as much as you would think based on these pictures. Those five glasses were small, and it was practically the only alcohol I had the whole time. I know, I know, I have to cut back.


Considering those five beers were the most I've had in quite some time, I was feeling pretty silly by the end of dinner. I even proposed a question that everyone but Brian thought was funny (but I think they were laughing at me, not with me)- "If you drink a lot of beer, will you be better at basketball? Ya know, because of the hops?"


Haha, I still think that's funny!

Saturday night, I managed to convince everyone to walk over to the Bellagio and watch the water with me... it's one of my favorite things to do in Vegas. Clearly I'm not the gambler/drinker/party animal that is typically found traveling to this part of the country. You now, like the guy we saw jump into the Bellagio water. Like, for real. And it was cold. I can be an silly doofus from time to time. And I rarely turn down a dare. But I would never, ever do that. What a douche.




But I will dance in front of the Bellagio... like I said, I can be a silly doofus...


 2- My Mother
I'm so proud of her! I stopped by her house in the morning earlier this week to discover that she had just completed a workout! And it was her second week of consistent exercise! Woo-hoo mom! Keep up the good work!

3- The Lost Symbol
Brian finished reading this Dan Brown book on Saturday night in Vegas, so I started it. And LOVED it! I reinforced some personal philosophies that I have been trying to live by for the last couple of years. 

I'll do an entire post devoted to how a fictional suspense thriller relates to my PE teaching-5 mini beer drinking- falling asleep on the couch before sunset-life.

Oh yeah. It's been hard to get much else done this week because Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, I was fast asleep on the couch well before 9:00. I keep telling you, I'm pretty rad. And like, my apartment smells of rich mahogany. 

So, that was my week in a nutshell... with a little bit of work thrown in!

We actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.


But really.

Except maybe not the wallpaper. ;-)



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment