September 19, 2011

Momma's Birthday

Saturday was my mom's birthday and today is actually my brother's girlfriend's birthday, so we spent the weekend celebrating! But before we get to the fun, first things first...

Smiles where you least expect it
I tend to get wild hairs up my butt from time to time (where did that phrase even come from??) and I'll decide to paint a random wall in the house, or hang up a bunch of random pictures, or rearrange furniture. Luckily for me, Brian is pretty easy going and just laughs at my randomness. This weekend was no exception. Like 2 years ago- I'm pretty sure before I had even met Brian- I bought this cute cabinet from Bed Bath and Beyond to replace my medicine cabinet. My current medicine cabinet is in the middle of the master bedroom and I think it is so ugly...
My bed is just to the left. Lame.

So on Friday afternoon, I finally decided to switch out the cabinets. This took some more of my magical strength )that I only have when I have no around to help and all the dog can do is laugh at me) as I held the ugly cabinet up while simultaneously unscrewing it from the wall while leaning over the counter that is full of a bunch of crap.

In the place of the cabinet, I found this:
Someone (dad) was trying to be cute when we painted the house! But it brought a smile to my face and on I struggled.

I had to assemble the new cabinet which was both entertaining and mentally draining. (I screwed a couple of parts in backwards. It took a good 5 minutes before I figured out why the doors wouldn't close. Nobody ever said I was smart.)

Anyway, before long, the newer, prettier cabinet was ready for it's debut. Turns out hanging a much wider, heavier cabinet is much more difficult than taking down an old one. But I managed as Kevin supervised...
Success!!! Much more aesthetically pleasing, no?

Nope....
That right there is about 4 inches of open wall. $h&#! F*c%!

So now I don't have either cabinet in the wall. But at least I have Wallson to keep me company.
Get it? Like Wilson? Silly me.
Anyway... 

Mom's Birthday!
Onto the fun! Since mom's birthday was Saturday and Jenn's is today, we combined to have the major celebration yesterday. We went out to dinner and it's always nice when we're all together like that. After ward, we went back to the parentals' house for cupcakes and ice cream. I made the cupcakes... and I was pretty proud of myself.
 Pretty delicious looking, right? Chocolate with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. Yup.
And now a word about mom...
My mom has always been my best friend. I didn't always want to admit it, but she is always right about everything. She knows me better than I know myself and because of that, she has always given me the best advice- even when I didn't want to hear it. From the boys I dated to my education to what I should wear, she always knows best and she isn't afraid to be brutally honest with me. We laugh with each other because she is so silly, yell at each other because we are both loud, stubborn Italians, and love each other because we are best friends as well as mother and daughter.

And now for the last 2 and a half months, we've been workout buddies too! She has been working out with me every morning, 6 days a week. She even goes on the days where I just can't seem to get myself out of bed. She has made me so proud with her hard work and dedication, and I'm so happy that she is finally making some time for herself after all of these years of spending so much on time on the rest of us. Plus it's been fun getting to spend some extra girl time with her in the mornings! ♥ I love you, mom!!!

And if you're wondering why I am the way I am, it's because of the people I was raised by, raised with, and will raise future me's with:


Looks like poor Jenn is the only normal one!

No comments:

Post a Comment