May 24, 2012

Higher Edumacation

It's been another busy week around the Collins' house!

Today is Kevin's 2nd birthday!

Unfortunately, we aren't getting the chance to celebrate it just yet. 
Do you see that little red bump in his arm pit?
Do you see it now? We noticed it a couple of weeks ago. He also had his two year check up last week, so I pointed it out to the vet. She said it was a skin tumor- which can either be completely benign or cancerous. And that's just plain scary.

So we had an appointment to get it removed today.

My dad came with me to pick him up in case he was too lethargic/out of it to get into the car or up our stairs. (If I wasn't about 8 months pregnant, you know I would have lifted him like a champ.)
He was able to jump up into my car all by himself, and other than some slight crying, he's been doing very well!
He even posed for some pictures after we got home!
It's a pretty gnarly wound and he has to go back in two weeks to get his stitches out. But he's doing well in general. Much better than I was expecting. And we should get results back within a week.

*********************

Annnnnnddddddd...

I finally graduated with my masters degree in Kinesiology!!! 



I wasn't going to walk at first. I just wanted to be done, and I knew it was going to be hot outside, and I was going to be all big and pregnant, and I didn't know anyone else graduating. Boo.

When I graduated with my bachelors degree SIX years ago, I had this huge clique of friends and we were rowdy and excited and on the brink of beginning our lives. 
This time, there was only one masters candidate that I recognized from one of my classes two years ago. We sat next to each other and spoke for a bit, but it was a totally different vibe. 

Our friend Ashlee (the one that introduced me and Brian ♥ ) was getting her bachelors degree in Kinesiology, so Brian and I found her and hung out for a little bit.

But we had to part ways to line up, so that was relatively short lived.

Long story short, I got three hugs from my favorite professor, I got the satisfaction of walking after years of work, and I got to share it with my family- even the baby!
That is one proud husband/dad! I love him!!!
Mom and Dad

Brian, me, and mom and dad
Me, Brian, and his mom and dad
I snuck out as early as I could (7:30!) and we met up with my brother and his girlfriend for some dinner. 

It's kind of awesome- I finally feel done-ish... I'm waiting until I actually get my diploma in the mail. As soon as I do, I'm recycling SOOOOO many journals and studies and drafts of my paper. 

Regardless, I have been able to focus on baby crafts and finishing the end of my teaching school year. (Only 5 more work days, by the way! Then I'll have my biggest hiatus since I started teaching- with a little bit of baby thrown in for good measure!)

Please keep Kevin in your thoughts- we need this guy around and healthy for awhile. He's really looking forward to being a big brother and I'm looking forward to hanging out with my two healthy babies this summer! ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment