March 9, 2012

Soooo... I'm supposed to be working on my thesis right now. I gave myself a goal for the weekend to finish all of the edits my adviser has given me so far. It's been difficult to focus recently, but I put off finishing my degree last year because of the wedding, and I definitely want to be done with now so I don't have to worry about it once the baby is born. There is so much that I have going on right now- exciting, fun things that I'm actually looking forward to doing, so I decided to do a thesis-writing break to write an exciting-things-post...

Short Term
  • A nice, quiet night at home cuddling my boys and watching some Netflix.
  • Step class tomorrow morning- I've been feeling pretty good during workouts lately. Definitely not working out as hard as I used to, but I'm feeling pretty good when I consider my new size. (belly is currently having over the lap top, BTW. That would be it to your right!)
  • Picking up the guys right after class and heading over to watch my old softball girls play a game. I miss them and I miss watching them play, so it will be nice.
  • Date night (I think Friends with Kids- I have high hopes since Bridesmaids!)
  • Working on projects with my mom and dad... my mom and I need to get some supplies for our quilt and my dad and I are putting the finishing trim on the bookcase, then sanding, then painting! :)
Trim!
 Long Term
  • We're planning a Babymoon... spring break is coming up in 3 weeks, and I'll be about 26 weeks along, so it would be perfect timing because I won't be huge and I'll still feel comfortable walking around. We're planning on going to San Diego. Not too far, but relaxing and fun!
 Which brings me to...
  • Spring Break! Who wouldn't look forward to a week of no work?!
  • I want to sign up for a short race while I still can. Just because I want to try. Not to PR, obviously. Just to say that I did. I found this one...

 Proceeds go towards victims of abuse (it has nothing to do with cats) and it's like, 20 minutes from my house. win-win.
  •  I signed up for two online classes yesterday through mu old community college. They're six weeks long and I'm pretty stoked about them- a photography class based on how to shoot human subjects and a photoshop class. Photography has always been interesting to me. And photographers are so expensive these days, I figure if I learn more about this art, I can take my own portraits of the baby on a regular basis... something like that!
  • A possible role change at work, but it's still hush-hush so that's all I'll say for now!
  • I'm having a baby, duh!
There's probably more, but those are the big things on my mind lately. Time to get back to work before Brian gets home so I can enjoy more weekend fun-time with him! :)

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, a babymoon! I think these are such a great idea. You will have a complete blast.

    Your new online classes sound fun! I'm pretty much a non-photographer, as in no skills, so I think it'd be great to learn even some basics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! Any excuse for a vacation, right? ;-)

    We got this fancy new DSLR camera for Christmas and I really want to learn the ins and outs, so yeah, I'm pretty pumped for these classes too!

    ReplyDelete