October 22, 2011

Kevin goes shopping

I went to step class with my mom this morning and I made it through the whole class and my knee felt fine! It was the first time I haven't had to worry about it in two weeks. It feels good to be back to normal!

After class I got some coffee with the mother and we had a nice, relaxing time. I asked her if she wanted to help me find a costume for Kevin and the pooch parade I want to do next weekend at Howl-O-Ween but she couldn't because her and my dad have to run some errands today. Then I made the mistake of telling her that I made that preliminary thesis appointment. Oh boy. I got the lecture of the century.

"How can you even think about entering your dog in a parade when you need to be writing. You shouldn't be doing anything else for the next two weeks until you get that thesis done. This isn't some high school paper that you can write in one night..."
And so on.
Whoops. I assured her that I will get it done, and that I don't need to be working on it 24/7. Luckily she dropped it, but I don't think that's the last I'll hear.

Anyway, when I got home, I decided Kevin and I should go find him something, so off we went. This dog loves riding in the car. It's actually when he's the most well-behaved.
Into Pet Co we went. Aside from a pooping incident, the shopping excursion went well!

The goods:
Some raw hide bones, balls of all shapes and sizes, a little meat stick that the checker threw in for him (there are perks to being cute, I guess), and a rain coat.
Now, we don't need the rain coat yet- it's cloudless and about 80* today:
But we've talked about it before and as we head into fall, I know this is going to come in handy. Kevin loves being outside and he loves water. Rainy days are not fun for the humans in this house...
Anyway, we practiced playing fetch and Kevin was very pleased with his toys.
And now he looks like this:
That is what success looks like!

Did you notice we didn't get a costume? They didn't have a very big selection. There was a devil costume that would fit him, so I decided to keep it in mind. But then when I came home I started watching Problem Child on Netflix (my brother and I used to watch that movie all the time when we were little) and I was reminded about this little guy:
Devil costume, out. I thought with the new rain coat, he could be the man in the yellow hat and I could be Curious George
See the resemblance?
But how am I going to make a yellow hat? Better yet, would he even were a yellow hat? Probably not.

I have another idea up my sleeve... Let you know if it works!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment